- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard (high quality)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup ( 1 Jar) Hanna's Gourmet whole cloves
- 1 ham of choice
PREP COOK READY IN
30 mins 2 hrs 3 hrs
- Score ham with a sharp knife in a diagonal pattern. Repeat scoring, diagonally, in the opposite direction to create a crossing pattern. Insert whole cloves at the crossings.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham in roasting pan fat side up; the melting fat will baste your ham. Turn ham over half way through baking to avoid uneven salting from the brine in the meat. If roasting a ham that is not precooked, bake for approximately 20-30 minutes per pound. If the ham is precooked, follow the label directions for cooking times.
- While ham is roasting, combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat and bring to a full boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and cook one minute.
- Remove ham from oven prior to the last 30 minutes of baking. Cover ham with glaze. Glaze ham every 10 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Serve remaining glaze with ham.
* Adding pineapple rings to this recipe adds great additional flavor. (canned pineapples are fine)